1. Comparative ecology and evolution
Conveners: Eloy Revilla (Doñana Biological Station, EBD-CSIC), Spain, and Anton Pauw (Stellenbosch University), South Africa.
Special Invited Lecture* by Ran Nathan (Hebrew University), Israel.
2. Historical biogeography of Mediterranean lineages
Conveners: Jennifer Leonard (Doñana Biological Station, EBD-CSIC), Spain, and Felix Forest (Royal Botanic Gardens), Kew, United Kingdom.
Special Invited Lecture* by Isabel Sanmartín (Royal Botanic Garden, RJB-CSIC), Spain.
biodiversity conservation challenges
Conveners: Begoña García (Pyrinean Institute of Ecology, IPE-CSIC), Spain, and José Lahoz-Monfort (University of Melbourne), Australia.
Special Invited Lecture* by John D. Thompson (Centre for Evolutionary and Functional Ecology, CEFE-CNRS), France.
4. Biodiversity: species interactions, networks, communities and phylogenetics
Conveners: Fernando T. Maestre (University of Rey Juan Carlos), Spain.
Special Invited Lecture* by Miguel Verdú (Desertification Research Centre, CIDE-CSIC), Spain.
5. Evolutionary and ecological drivers of Meditterranean-Type Ecosystems as biodiversity hotspots
Conveners: Pablo Vargas (Royal Botanic Garden, RJB-CSIC), Spain, and Hans Lambers (University of Western Australia), Perth, Australia.
Special Invited Lecture* by Susan Harrison (University of California Davis), USA.
6. Ecophysiology and functional traits
Conveners: Fernando Valladares (National Museum of Natural History, MNCN-CSIC), Spain, and Antonio Gallardo (University of Pablo Olavide), Seville, Spain.
Special Invited Lecture* by David Ackerly (University of California Berkeley), USA.
7. Ecosystem functioning and services: challenges and risks in a changing world
Conveners: Catarina Moura (University of Coimbra), Portugal.
Special Invited Lecture* by Lohengrin Cavieres (University of Concepcion), Chile.
8. Consequences of biotic and environmental global changes for Meditterranean-Type Ecosystems
Conveners: Wolfgang Cramer (Mediterranean Institute for Biodiversity and Ecology, IMBE-CRNS), Aix-en-Provence, France, and Anna Traveset (Mediterranean Institute for Advanced Studies, IMEDEA-UIB-CSIC), Spain.
Special Invited Lecture* by Guy Midgley (University of Stellenbosch), South Africa.